There is nothing as important as having the right attitude towards your writing career in order to get your writing done. After all, if you don’t think you could get the writing done, you definitely won’t be able to do it.
Many times your attitude can negatively impact your writing and become a self-fulfilling prophesy. If you think you can’t do something, you won’t be able to do it. Therefore, developing a positive attitude towards yourself and your writing is crucial to your success. Here are a few tips on how to do this.
1. Don’t compare yourself to other writers. There is nothing worse to build morale and self-confidence as a writer. It is better to decide what YOUR writing goals will be and pursue them.
2. Always know that you are doing the best you can with the skills you have. It always easy to second-guess yourself. But it’s a lot better to just do the best you can and accept the rest.
3. Take self-development workshops from time to time to upgrade your skills. This can work wonders to develop a positive attitude. It will also give you the confidence to keep propelling forward in your own writing career.
4. Enjoy your writing time. Relax, and take deep breaths and enjoy the journey of working on a writing project. It really is the best life that anyone can have.
5. Treat yourself like a professional writer. Get business cards. Dress the part, and tell others you are a writer. If you define yourself as a writer, chances are you won’t need to compare yourself to other writers. You will be busy developing your own skills and identity as a writer instead.
Do you have a positive attitude towards your writing? Let us know by leaving a comment.
Until Next Time,
Irene S. Roth, MA