There are many ways to manifest excellence in your writing career. Many writers know of a few ways to do so.
In this segment, I will list all the ways that writers could take steps to manifest excellence.
Some of the tips that I mention below will be different, such as the one of not tolerating put-downs or hanging around negative people. The idea behind these tips is that if we hang around people who are negative and lack excellence, you will have a difficult time to be your best too and to manifest excellence in different aspects of your life. So, read the tips with an open mind, and highlight a few that you would like to work on in the near future to start manifesting excellence.
Here are some ways to manifest excellence in your writing life:
• Write every day—otherwise you won’t experience continuity as a writer.
• Permit yourself to write—without anyone’s permission.
• Have a comfortable and inspiring environment in which to write.
• Don’t compare yourself to others—this is such a waste of time and energy because no two writers are ever the same.
• Don’t criticize yourself with harsh negative statements—this gives others the message that you lack self-confidence and excellence.
• Don’t hang around negative people—they will emotionally derail you and your efforts to be your best.
• Don’t tolerate put-downs from others—they make you feel inadequate and to ultimately lack self-confidence in your abilities.
• Take pride in your writing.
• Honour yourself as a writer.
• Grow as a writer—take courses, read, upgrade, do things differently.
• Don’t push yourself to write too much.
• Don’t write bad quality manuscripts.
• Self-promote yourself on social media.
• Build a solid identity as a writer.
• Proofread your blogs thoroughly.
• Be intentional about your writing.
• Dare to be your best.
• Write, with pride.
• Believe in your writing.
• Believe in yourself as a writer.
• Identify yourself as a writer.
So, highlight a few of the above tips to feeling like an excellent writer, and get on the path towards excellence.
Irene S. Roth