Writers should not expect every day of their writing life to be a fairy tale. In fact, the writing is hard and humbling. We have to be honest with ourselves and others, and we have to be willing to be corrected, rejected, and sometimes even put down all in the name of expressing our opinions.
It takes a lot of work to be a GREAT writer. But you can do it, one small step at a time, by believing in yourself and working hard. I know how hard it is first hand. I don’t know of any writer who had a fairy godmother who waved a want and made everything wonderful happen.
Here are a few ways to beat stress by organizing yourself and your life.
1. Make a list of all of your goals, and put a time line on each.
2. Set realistic expectations.
3. Set important small goals to accomplish your larger goals, and fulfill each goal.
4. Clean your desk and make sure there is no clutter.
5. Take steps to keep improving as a writer.
6. Don’t stress over small stuff–i.e., one small rejection or one small bad word. Soar above that!
By taking these steps, you will become less stressful and much more successful.
Are you ready to take steps to be a successful writer?!
Talk to you soon,