O = Be Objective
In order to be successful and motivated, writers must try to be objective. To be objective, writers must be serious and committed to their writing without outside influences which may catapult the writer.
In order to be objective about their writing, writers must:
1. Write every day, even if they don’t feel like it or are tired.
2. Not be dissuaded from writing by negative people.
3. Not allow the family to catapult their writing time.
4. Be steadfast in their commitment to writing.
5. Know that they are okay just as they are right now.
By following these tips, writers will be objective about themselves as writers and not affected by another writer’s opinion of how they fare as a writer. No one knows the writer as well as (s)he does him/herself. The worst thing a writer can do is to continuously criticize herself. Writers should try to be positive about their ability as a writer.
Irene S. Roth
Author and Editor