M = Manage
Successful and motivated writers are able to manage their writing assignments, and future writing projects. Writers just need to manage themselves, their writing, and the other people in their lives in order to have balance.
Here are a few things that successful writers MUST manage.
1. Writers must manage their writing time.
2. Writers must manage their writing projects.
3. Writers must manage how long they devote to each writing project.
4. Writers must manage their writing files.
5. Writers must manage the quality of the work they produce.
6. Writers must manage their writing lives and balance it around their family life and other duties.
7. Writers must manage their alone time.
There are many other things that writers must manage. However, I have kept it to seven items. Can you add any other things that writers should manage in order to be successful? Jot them down in your writer’s journal.
Irene S. Roth
Author and Editor