H = Habits
Habits are sometimes hard to break, especially bad habits. However, if writers develop good habits, they will set themselves for success. The hard part is determining which habits you should try to develop to be most successful.
Experts say that it takes 21 days to develop a habit. In order to be a successful and motivated writer, you must develop certain consistent habits. Here are a few habits you should try to develop:
1. Write every day.
2. Always try to get better as a writer.
3. Always have three main goals before you start writing every day.
4. Don’t compare yourself to other writers.
5. Sent out a query every month.
6. Don’t over criticize yourself as a writer.
By developing these habits, you will become a much more successful and motivated writer. You will be much more able to cope with the unexpected challenges of the writing life. And believe me, there are a lot of these!
Irene S. Roth
Author and Editor