A = Attitude
There is nothing as important as having the right attitude in order to get your writing done.
For me, the right attitude is a positive attitude. Before you can be really motivated to sit down and write, you need a positive attitude. After all, if you don’t think you could get the writing done, you definitely won’t be able to do it. Many times our attitude becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. And this is why it is absolutely crucial to develop a positive attitude towards our writing.
But how can one develop a positive attitude towards our writing. Here are a few tips for you to try out:
1. Don’t compare yourself to other writers. There is nothing worse to build morale and self-confidence as a writer.
2. Always know that you are doing the best you can with the skills that you have.
3. Take self-development workshops from time to time to upgrade your skills. This will work wonders to develop a positive attitude.
4. Enjoy your writing time. Relax, and take deep breaths. It really is the best life that anyone can have.
5. Treat yourself like a professional writer. Get business cards. Dress the part, and tell others that you are a writer.
All of these tips will help you feel much more positive about your writing life. And this will work wonders to develop a positive attitude.
Irene S. Roth, MA
Author and Editor